ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information please visit www.childfund.org.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position : Business Development Manager (Position Code: BDM)
Reporting to : Country Director
Based in : Jakarta, Indonesia
The Business Development Manager will lead the development and realization of the Funding Acquisition strategy to enable effective implementation of the Indonesia Program Strategy. In close collaboration with the Country Director, Program Director, technical specialists, and designated staff , the post will lead the business development processes, including donor intelligence gathering and mapping, capture planning (updating robust business pipeline); networking, prepositioning and proactive relationship building with potential donors and partners. The post holder will also ensure quality program design and proposal development and alignment with donor and organizational requirements and timelines. She/he will be required to work collaboratively and coordinate cross functionally with internal stakeholders within Childfund Indonesia, and ChildFund International
As a part of Senior Management Team of ChildFund Indonesia, she/he will be play a key role in defining on the strategic direction for the Indonesia Country Office.
Funding Acquisition Strategy & Management
· Develop the Funding Acquisition Strategy for ChildFund Indonesia
· Undertake donor mapping, (profit and non-profit sectors), identifying donor priorities and interests in Indonesia and potential alignment with ChildFund identified thematic and geographic priorities so as to align with grant acquisition strategies
· Identify specific funding opportunities that will enable delivery of the strategic thematic and geographic priorities for ChildFund in Indonesia
· Scoping potential partnerships to complement and strengthen the program portfolio of Childfund Indonesia
· Lead the development, coordination and updates of Country Office’s capture plans to ensure that the organization has with a strong business pipeline
· In collaboration with the Country Director, Program Director and the Technical Specialists ensure robust analysis of the funding pipeline, advising and proactively supporting on actions to strengthen pipeline.
· Member of Senior Management Team
· Reporting to the Country Director and the SMT on the status of organizational targets and advising actions necessary to address any emergent gaps or risks
Networking and Relationship building
· Maintain proactive , coordinated and strategic engagement with potential donors. In collaboration with communication specialist on ensuring that required program business development documentation (e.g. Capacity Statements) and material (e.g. program and organizational profile brochures) are up to date and ready for sharing with potential donors
· Ensuring donor engagement strategy is in place for key identified donors and stakeholders relevant to priority bids.
· Engaging in programmatic national and regional networks related to the program growth direction of ChildFund Indonesia;
· Planning and implementing donor relationship strategies; pro-actively network with existing and potential donors;
· Supporting local staff in building and maintaining donor relationships in collaboration with the Country Director and Program Director
· Identifying key stakeholders and networks relevant to priority pipeline opportunities for effective prepositioning.
· In collaboration with the Country Director , representing the organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
· Liaising with potential local government for proposal development
Quality Proposal Development
· Ensuring that business processes are in place to support effective program design and proposal development processes.
· Coordinating proposal development processes with related team members from identification of opportunity to the award phase assuring that the (process is effectively documented, ensuring appropriate level of decision making on bidding and ensure the completeness, quality and timely of design and proposal submission.)
· In coordination with technical teams, developing evidence base of ChildFund capability and experience (e.g. capacity statements, past performance references, reports and evaluations).
· As a key member of the proposal development team, conducting desk reviews to inform proposal strategy, such as Go/No-go decisions, problem analysis, partnering and staffing decisions.
· Liaising with potential project partners in preparation of the proposal.
· Ensuring compliance with donor regulations and that cost recovery is taken into consideration.
· Effective liaison and follow up with donors, as permitted, ensuring that donor questions and concerns are fully addressed on time.
· In collaboration with Country Office Finance Manager ensure that budget development meets donor’s and organizational requirements
· Liaison with the Human Resources Manager to ensure that staffing proposed in the project align with organizational workforce development plans
· Ensuring that staff and partners are aware of and following donor compliance requirements.
· Monitoring compliance with donor requirement for on-going project.
· Ensuring quality and continuous communication with the donor and coordination with the project implementation team .
· Oversight of Bridge system (Sales-force Software) and ensuring timely input on acquisition for new opportunities for sign off and record keeping .
· Developing and maintaining knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award; lead the management of the knowledge database to ensure information shared among technical team, field program and other concerned staff, to capture new opportunities and track the on going grants.
· Collation and communication of learning from successful and unsuccessful proposals, for incorporation in future bids.
· In collaboration with country and regional staff on managing knowledge base of program concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables; manage repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, and trainings.
· Developing pre-award tools and build capacity of national office staff on use of tools for proposal development process.
· Leading the management of the knowledge database to ensure information shared among technical team, field program and other concerned staff.
· Supporting regional business development efforts as may be required.
· Ensuring Child Safeguarding Policy is applied and adhered to by all members of the project team and stakeholders.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least 5 years experience in business development/fundraising, preferably in International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) sector
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience of key US Government (eg . USAID, DOL, State, etc.), and other institutional donors , foundations and grant making initiatives including the private sector
· Prior experience preparing proposals for large grants. Consortia experience would be an advantage
· Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and networking with diverse cultures, audiences and in sensitive situations and subject matter
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Strong budgeting and data analysis skills
· Outstanding verbal and writing skills in English
· In-depth knowledge of Word, Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, and Adobe
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong information management experience
· Some travel may be required.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required. Equivalent relevant experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
We encourage all nationalities to apply (Indonesian is preferred)
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
Deadline for lodging applications: 28 February 2018
To apply, please click on the following link:
(and look for career opportunities/International Operations/Business Development Manager- Jakarta-Indonesia)