Posting Date: 30-Jan-2017
Location: Sarajevo, BA
|Office Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Dept. / Bus. Group||Infrastructure|
|Business Unit||Municipal & Environmental Infrastructure|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||3 years|
|Posting End Date|| |
The Associate, Framework Monitoring (the “Monitor”) is responsible for the monitoring of the signed Municipal and Environmental Infrastructure (MEI) projects in Bosnia I Herzegovina, assessing risks and addressing credit issues as they arise, and assisting management to track project implementation including disbursement performance. The overall objective is to support and facilitate the implementation of the Bank’s MEI investments in Bosnia I Herzegovina.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate all necessary actions and collect documentation required to declare the individual Projects under the Programme effective based on the terms and conditions of the signed legal documents, such as Loan Agreement, Grant Agreement, and other legally binding documents.
- Support implementation monitoring including physical implementation as well as the institutional reform and development components by ensuring that arrangements are in place to ensure efficient and successful project implementation by observing, assessing and reporting on:
- the overall performance of the Project Implementation Units (PIUs) and site staff, including consultants, contractors, suppliers and other parties involved in the implementation of the investments – and comment on compliance with their respective obligations and duties; and
- the implementation arrangements including the PIU organisation, staffing, project management systems, arrangements for construction, and contract management.
- Support monitoring of the financial and operational performance of the participating Municipal Companies as well as their owners (relevant participating City authorities).
- Coordinate the activities of all the international and local consulting firms involved under the Programme namely those carrying out the Project Implementation Support and the Corporate Development and Stakeholder Participation programmes. The Associate, Framework Monitoring will maintain continuous dialogue with these consultants and will, inter alia:
- Ensure that all consultants are provided with necessary documentation and other assistance, in order that they may meet the objectives of their assignments;
- Ensure appropriate timings for the components of the TC assignments in relation to each other to support effective implementation of the Project;
- PIU’s in the participating Municipal Companies to review and respond to any recommendations, and where necessary support preparation of requests for amendment of the Priority Investment Programme.
- Facilitate the timely submission of various reports and data from all participating municipal companies to meet the Bank’s reporting covenants in the loan documentation.
- Ensure that EBRD’s Environmental and Social Policy and its Performance Requirements as well as relevant gender initiatives as required by the Bank (through the Bank’s related Policies) and donors are being adhered to and that the PIUs are duly informed about these policies and rules. Support the Companies and PIUs on implementation of the agreed project Environmental and Social Action Plans (ESAPs), Stakeholder Engagement Plans (SEPs) and preparation of annual E&S reporting to the Bank.
- Be alert to any emerging problems, be they of a contractual, technical, or financial nature, which have the potential to jeopardise the achievement of the project objectives and advise on timely appropriate corrective action. In particular, advise on any proposed waivers or amendments to legal agreements and interpret any other matters of material interest to the EBRD. If necessary, assist in negotiations to achieve the required corrective action.
- Participate in the preparation of MEI projects in BiH and contribute to development of MEI's portfolio.
- Be actively involved in the MEI sector policy dialogue in BiH. Represent the Bank in all urban infrastructure development related donor and working groups, as well as project related steering committee meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
The Associate, Framework Monitoring for BiH will be a local hire, who will provide the added value of a native speaking resource with existing local contacts and knowledge that would enhance the team’s position in building relationships and implementing projects.
Sector specific requirements:
- Experience of work related to infrastructure and environmental investments, project finance and investment project implementation in emerging markets, preferably in the W. Balkans;
- Professional and personal capacity to deal with entities in emerging markets where legal and regulatory framework are often weak and financial information scarce;
- Thorough understanding of the general project cycle, credit and financial analysis and their application in the context of both municipal and environmental projects;
- Thorough understanding of environmental components of investment projects;
- Thorough understanding of the policy frameworks of the international and bilateral funding agencies, active in the concerned regions, related to poverty reduction, environmental sustainability and gender equality.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English;
- Degree from a leading university;
- Relevant work experience in a merchant/investment, commercial, public institution or development bank or in a corporation closely associated with and/or exposed to the operations of the EBRD;
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior government officials;
- Willingness and ability to extensively travel in particular within BiH];
- Computer literacy.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Consulting, Law, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Legal