- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Coordination of travel arrangements. Performing a Buyer role in Atlas for preparation of POs for travel and other administrative expenses;
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats;
- Provision of general administrative services and office space management;
- Supervision of cleaning services;
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Ensure the registration of both fixed and non-fixed assets (e.g. furniture, electrical equipment, heavy machinery, attractive items, etc) irrespective of their value and follow up the migration of all assets with a value of US$1500 to Atlas asset module or ISR by reviewing the list of POs greater than US$1500 on a monthly basis to ensure proper capitalization, and taking corrective action through manual addition for fixed assets not capitalized through PO;
- Follow up fixed asset disposal submissions are prepared using the Request for Asset Transfer or Disposal (RADT) Form and submitted to the Local CAP or ACP based on disposal values as required and approved by the Resident Representative;
- Fixed asset transfers are recorded using the RADT form and location changes in Atlas Asset Module are effected in a timely manner;
- A log of fixed assets on loan to staff members is maintained and through separation clearance, such fixed assets are returned by staff members when they are reassigned or separated from service (it is recommended that this log is reconciled on a quarterly basis throughout the year);
- Adequate physical controls are in place to ensure all assets belonging to UNDP office are safe and secure e.g. a secure gate to the compound where vehicles are parked, offices and asset storage areas are secured appropriately;
- Assist in the reconciliation of the year-end physical verification exercise results to records in Atlas asset module;
- The ATLAS asset management reports, i.e., the detailed report, disposal, transfer, adjustment and the summary reports are reviewed on a monthly basis and monitored for accuracy of the physical location of the non-expendable items, and the serial numbers; and that all disposals, adjustments and transfers have been recorded;
- Coordinate the biannual physical count for assets and quarterly inventory verification.
- Provision of inputs in the preparation of the unit budget;
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Review, verification and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations;
- Consolidation and preparation of summary statements for inclusion in the financial statements;
- Coordination of cost-recovery arrangements for the services provided by the office;
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities;
- Provision of the information for the audit.
- Provision of efficient general reception and information services;
- Provision of reliable registry services.
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components;
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems;
- Prepares timely inputs to reports.
- B.A./B.Sc. Degree/Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable. University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 3 years (with B.A./B.Sc. Degree or 6 years with completion of high school) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension