If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
We are a nonpartisan institute chartered by Congress to tackle the world’s toughest problems. Working in conflict zones around the world, our staff advise and support the military, government officials and community leaders – to promote knowledge and practices that prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
The Administrative Assistant, based in Tunis, provides administrative and logistical support to the MENA Senior Management Team. The administrative assistant is under the supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant. This position is only open for Tunisian citizens and legal residents of Tunisia.
* Coordinate, update, and maintain calendar and scheduling for the Senior Management Team’s meetings, teleconferences, appointments, and travel.
* Take notes at weekly meetings and maintain records;
* Monitor e-mail and other types of correspondence for action items; when possible, directs requests to the appropriate staff member for response’
* Coordination of the information flow in the MENA team and internal communication to staff as required.
* Track reporting deadlines for MENA projects and alert the relevant teams when deadlines are approaching
* Maintain the MENA team's external contacts lists
* Keep MENA Program's external documents updated with relevant programmatic information
* Coordinate the schedule of visitors to the MENA Hub during their stay
* Submit to the finance team the invoices resulting from the Senior Management Team's trips and activities for review and payment;
* Coordinate office activities and communications on behalf of the Senior Management Team
* As assigned, attend internal and external meetings to gain knowledge of projects and plans and to follow through on all requests.
Performs other duties as assigned.
* QUALIFIBachelor’s degree in a related field
* Minimum of two years of administrative support experience in high operational tempo environment.
* A very strong command of English, French and Arabic.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
* Advanced computer skills.
* Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Ability to cope with changes in schedules, multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
* Location: Tunis
* Salary: Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience
* Reporting line: Senior Executive Assistant
* Start date: ASAP
* This is a Fixed-Time Term Personal Services Contractor position.
* Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience and with USIP’s pay scale.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This vacancy is archived.