The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Analyst/Specialist, the Finance Clerk supports the provision of financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Clerk promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Clerk works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme staff in the country office and with UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures
- Provide accounting, finance and administrative support
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of workplans
2. Provide accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; payment execution.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, telephone invoices, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals if delegated to the S/M
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures (incl. MIP) and potential funding problems.
- Follow-up with other United Nations agencies for information relating to payments.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with the Country Office (CO) SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and documents.
3. Support knowledge building and sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO financial services Accurate data entry and presentation of financial information and a client-oriented approach enhances UNDP’s capability to effectively and efficiently manage financial resources and keep records.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to finance
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support?Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- 4 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR?APPLICATION. Click here to download the form?http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.? We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements