The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the overall guidance of DRR and direct supervision of the Human Resources Specialist, the HR Analyst ensures effective delivery of HR services in a large Country Office*. He/she interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, implements internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Analyst works in close collaboration with the Business Development, Programme, Operations and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQ staff ensuring successful CO performance in HR management.
* The nature of work at ICS 8 level is specific. This is an entry professional level. The incumbent (who has corresponding educational background, but no experience in the field) is expected to apply theoretical conceptual models, make rudimentary analysis of project parameters in support of greater programme development activities. Team environment provides rich learning opportunities, facilitates rapid professional development. The duties performed as well as external contacts are rather limited. The incumbent grows professionally to be able to embrace responsibilities at higher levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Effective HR management
- Staff performance management and career development
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on the strategic approach to recruitment in the CO, proper use of contractual modalities, forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management.
2. Provides support to effective human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, organization and participation in the interview panels.
- Preliminary review of submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB).
- Management of contracts in and outside Atlas. Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Management of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to the HR Unit.
- Development and management of rosters.
3. Provides support to proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of requirements and elaboration of the protocol for performance appraisal process, facilitation of the process.
- Active participation in the CO learning team
- Elaboration of proposals on and implementation of strategic staffing policies in line with career development.
4. Ensures conduct of UN and UNDP-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys in coordination with the supervisor.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the organization and conduct of training for operations/ programme staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in human resources management and success in introduction and implementation of HR strategies and policies. Accurate analysis, reporting, proposals on systems enhancement strengthen UNDP credibility of UNDP as an effective and efficient organization in the HR sector.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining a network of contacts
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Basic research and analysis
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Monitors the implementation of corporate accountability and results-based management systems and makes recommendations to enhance performance of business units
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
UNDP HR Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements